Tuesday, August 26, 2008

love is easy when your loved

when somebody loves you it feels good...it feels awsome!!! the hard part is loving somebody even if they dont love you back. im not only referring to love when your with someone, im talking about unconditional love itself. now im not a big fan of ''living by the book", even though i was brought up in a strong christian home, but the bible says to love even your enemy. well im not sayin i love my enemies but i dont fill my heart with hate for them. see ive learned that no matter what someone does to you or how bad they hurt you, hating them doenst fix anything. the only person it ends up effecting is you and the people you do love that are around you. hate can cloud your heart and fill you with anger until it consumes your entire being and you become someone your not. so throughout life ive come to the conclusion that after everything one may have put me through, i will never live my life hating them. yeah the scars will remain forever but without scars you have no story to tell. plus chicks dig scars right? ;) anyway what im saying is anybody can love someone when they're loved, can you love those who dont love you?

5 comments:

cathouse teri said...

That's a no-shitter! People feel so proud of themselves when they love the people who love them. But the struggle with loving those who don't regard you is an ongoing process.

But what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? :)

Also, your emotional support during those times when I want to hate those who are hurting me is invaluable! You are truly a man that I am proud to call my son.

Jen said...

You might enjoy reading The Shack. It's a little hokey and over the top sappy at times, but it's all about what you wrote here. It's also a good way of looking at things from many different angles.

Wonderful posts.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Wise words my friend!

braden said...

jen, ill give it a looksy but honestly, i almost hate reading!lol but ill check it out just for you

Mrs4444 said...

That's a tough one to do; to look past the person's behavior/attitude and love the person inside, but I do try my best :)